Christine Designs: Beautiful Wire Jewelry

Monday, January 20, 2014

Beautiful Wire Jewelry

For Christmas, my daughter, Paige crafted me a beautiful necklace with matching earrings. With a crochet hook in one hand and jewelry wire in the other, she was able to crochet the wire and string together beads and make this delicate necklace.


Over the years, Paige and I dabbled in jewelry making; however, it wasn't until this past November when her passion for jewelry making really took off. Paige was lucky enough to have her dear friend, Joanne, owner of Crazy About Wire show her some wire wrapping and jewelry making techniques. Here is one of Paige's first wire crochet necklaces and a few wire wrapped pendants.


So off to String Bead, Paige & I go to gather some more beads, wire and stones to engage in some blissful jewelry making. String Bead has the best and largest selection of beads and jewelry making supplies in Chico. This past week, Paige showed me how to create a pendant by wire wrapping the piece of jasper with copper wire I purchased on our shopping trip. I thank Joanne a thousand times for passing on her craft of jewelry making. This will surely keep our hands busy.


2 comments:

joannejgg said...

I'm so glad you guys are having fun making jewelry. If you ever want some tips just let me know:)

Christine Designs said...

Thanks, Joanne. You're such a great teacher. Have you thought about giving classes?