For those who happen to stumble upon this blog and are wondering if this is the same Christine who owned A Stitch in Time in Chico, CA, the answer is yes. As you can see, I'm still alive & kicking. First, I want to thank those of you who have been faithful clients over the years. I miss visiting with you & hearing about the happenings in your life. My decision to switch careers did not come from any single reason, but from a number of things, which all pointed to the needed change. I will always love sewing, & as you can see, I can't keep totally away from it. It's mostly a hobby now. Something I do to unwind after work, but I'm also having fun selling a few of my creations through my online store Christine Designs. I've joined a team of other local artisans who sell on Etsy.com, which you can find by typing chicoteam into the search bar.
If you're interested, here's a little more of what I've been up to: In December 2006, I graduated from Chico State with a degree in Accounting & Management Information Systems. Shortly after, I landed a job as an office manager for a construction & property management company. Yes, I enjoy crunching numbers & managing an office about as much as I enjoy sewing. Call me crazy, but it's a fact. I've always been a number cruncher & organizer. It's not much of a change from managing a tailoring business. I officially moved out of my downtown location in August of this year. In November, it would have marked 11 years in the building. Yes, I do miss my sewing room & office, but I wasn't spending enough time there to justify the expense. Now my stash & equipment are spread between a 10x10 storage unit & the nooks & crannies of my house. My poor family, bless their hearts, are being good sports about all my stuff. I keep assuring them I have a plan to thin it out. That about sums it up! If you are still reading this, thanks! Shoot me an email sometime. It would be great to hear from you! :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment